TIPS FOR PICKING A PERFECT R
Worthy of note;There are two basic types of exterior paint to choose from: Oil-based, and the more commonly used Latex. Oil-based paints are very durable and water-resistant. Latex is easy to apply, dries quickly, is durable and is resistant to effects of direct sunlight. Clean up is easy, and just requires water.Acrylic Latex is the highest quality latex paint. It will cover just about any building material including masonry and properly primed metal.
According to Karin Beuerlain “your home’s exterior is the way you greet the world”. It does not matter much what color you chose for your interiors. That is purely selected on choice, mood, and exactly what you want to achieve. Colors signify many things. For instance, Purple color depicts royal
Pink_________ sexy(lady’s choice)
The list is endless,, these are belief though.
So when picking a residential exterior paint color consider the following:1. You are expected to choose your painter wisely. Well trained painters with experience in color combinations and application is advisable.
2. Use an Oil-based paint if the surface you are painting has already been painted with Oil-based paint. They result in hard finish and are often used by professional painters.
3. Ensure you stir the paint frequently to unify the layers
4. Ensure to use the brush or roller especially designed for use with Oil-based paint.
* Latex exterior paints have undergone many improvements, and some can be as durable as Oil-based. They are also considerably easier to work with. Be sure you select from the higher quality latex paint for exterior different from the ones for interior walls.
For both Oil-based and Latex paints you choose for your exterior residential home, there are certain things to be considered as well. This is because certain colors are easily affected by the weather conditions, such as sunlight, rainfall, irregular thermal expansion and fungal attacks. For instance: colors such as Crisp lettuce, Olive Green, Cool Pink, Cool Orange, Orchid Peach, Lemon Tropical, Green Beige, Kesari, Golden Yellow, Violane, Pastel Preach, etc. should be encouraged for interior painting only. This is because they are easily faded by the hash weather conditions, especially in the tropical parts of the World.While more stable colors such as: Smoke Black, Pewter, Chocolate, French Beige, Coral, Alpine, Taupe, Off-white, Grey, Tuscan Glade6, Minty Green, MisD, Campfire, Poppy, Cameo etc. should be considered good for the exterior surfaces.* Plan to spend a little more money on quality paints. A high quality paint has the ability to cover well, resist stains and stand up to weather conditions.
5. Think about your permanent materials such as brick or stone foundation, patio, or accents. It is advisable that you work with their underlying tones as you are choosing a paint shade. You can as well try pairing opposites in terms of color temperature. For example, if you have a warm red brick foundation and you want brown for your exterior paints, choose a Taupe with cool gray/blue undertones instead of a Peachy Tan.* Take advantage of technology. You can usually bring in a sample of permanent materials to the paint store for computer Color matching. Our company………….., is always ready to welcome your sample color matching challenge.* Ease in swatches __ it implies buying test sizes of the paint colors you are considering and paint some brush-outs on the exterior. Be sure to put some color on both the north and south sides of the house, where lighting can differ dramatically, and near any trim you are coordinating with. Visit your paint samples at different times of the day to get the best idea of how the finished product will look.* Always remember to trim. If you want something other than the usual White, try your exterior color just a few shades lighter for a subtle elegant effect.
6. Also in consideration is what is called the Light Reflectance Value(LRV) in the color palettes you need. LRV talks about how catchy to the eye or gloomy color you intend to give your residential home and the motive behind it.